You may have wondered about the differences between QuickVerse 10 and previous versions of QuickVerse. Is it better to get QuickVerse 10, WORDsearch 10, or stick with an older version of QuickVerse? Hopefully this blog post can help inform your decision.
What is QuickVerse 10?
QuickVerse 10 offers the best features of older versions of QuickVerse, including:
- Your QuickVerse books – Although QuickVerse 10 books are in a new format under the hood, your library will migrate to the new platform. (Depending on the version of QuickVerse you are upgrading from, this may require calling us to get your content registered.)
- Scripture popups – Put your mouse over any Scripture reference to read the Bible text in a pop-up window.
- Syncing – Bibles and Commentaries will stay in sync as you navigate to different verses.
QuickVerse 10 also brings in many of the features of WORDsearch 10, including:
- A larger library – QuickVerse 10 supports the entire WORDsearch library of over 5,000 study volumes from top Christian publishers.
- Instant Verse Study – Tell QuickVerse 10 what Bible passage you are studying, and it will instantly assemble study material from your favorite Bible translations and reference tools.
- The Cross-Reference Explorer – QuickVerse 10 can search your entire library and show you every place that a certain verse or topic is discussed. This speeds up your research and lets you find things you might otherwise have missed.
- A Built-In Word Processor – Build lessons and sermons by dragging in text from any Bible or book. Now you can keep your own work within your QuickVerse library (and it becomes searchable), or export it to your favorite word processor.
- The WORDsearch iPad App – When you upgrade to QuickVerse 10, the books you own will also show up for use in the free WORDsearch iPad app.
What’s missing in QuickVerse 10?
If you have been using a previous version of QuickVerse, there are some things you should know about:
- QuickVerse 10 does not import your workbook data. If you have filled out a workbook in older versions of QuickVerse, your content will not come over into QuickVerse 10. The good news is that both QuickVerse 10 and WORDsearch 10 include improved workbook features.
- QuickVerse 10 does not integrate with Microsoft Word’s “Smart Tag” functionality. A similar feature is available with our ZipScript program, but ZipScript comes with WORDsearch 10 and not QuickVerse 10.
- QuickVerse 10 for Mac is not a native Mac program. Like WORDsearch 10 for Mac, it is Windows software running on a Mac, so it will look identical to the Windows version.
Should I get WORDsearch 10 instead?
All books that are available for QuickVerse 10 will also work in WORDsearch 10, so upgrading is easy. Here are some features that are unique to WORDsearch 10, so if these are important to you, you may wish to consider WORDsearch 10:
- Sermon and Illustration Manager – Write or paste an illustration or sermon into the organizer, give it a title, assign a key scripture to it, and apply multiple tags to it. Then you can do instant searches to find your illustrations or sermons and easily keep track of where and when each was used.
- Morphology Explorer – Quickly search by lemma, lexeme, or parsing element. Requires the Greek Morphology Bundle (see this note).
- Turabian citations – Easily cite any passage as you would for an academic paper.
- Search results graph – When you search within a Bible, click the WORDgraph tab to see a graph of the results for additional insights.
- Verse Explorer – Give WORDsearch 10 a Bible reference and let it sort through your dictionaries, encyclopedias, commentaries, word studies, and other resources for related information.
- Carousels – Set up a few of your favorite books and flip between them quickly.
- Verse List – Easily organize and outline a list of Bible verses.
Both WORDsearch and QuickVerse now offer over 5,000 volumes of in-depth content to aid your Biblical study, devotional life, and to help you minister to others. If you’d like to know about our best new content, please sign up for our email list (scroll down to the sign-up form on the right). And if you have any questions about QuickVerse 10, feel free to post them in the comments.
Was this post helpful to you?