Keep Your Eyes Peeled For Some Exciting Updates!

the_new_wsbible

We firmly believe that good design honors God and respects our customers. We are committed to provide a design experience that is clean, elegant and true to our Christian principles.” – Bayron Benítez, WORDsearch  Designer

Over the past few months, we’ve been working diligently to make significant design changes to our online presence. We’re excited to announce that in the next few days, you’ll see our website, our blog, and our Facebook & Twitter pages have been completely updated. We think the new design will make visiting, shopping, and interacting with the WORDsearch community an easier and more enjoyable experience.

Here’s what you can expect:

• Our entire website has been polished and re-polished multiple times for a clean appearance

• Our new logo can be seen in the top left corner of the website

• Click on our New to Bible Software? header for  an introduction to WORDsearch

• See what’s current in our new rotating carousels

We’re not done! But, we’ve made a great start and are eager to continue improving our online presence.

But that’s not all!

We’re also happy to announce the release of WORDsearch Basic. WORDsearch Basic is our new, free Bible software (the long-overdue update of Bible Explorer!). WORDsearch Basic is meant for anyone getting started with Bible software, and it makes Bible study fast, easy and fun. This new product will make upgrading to our full-featured WORDsearch easy and seamless. We’ve already started talking to our friends about Basic, and we’ve worked hard to make it easy for you to share with your friends too! Visit www.wordsearchbible.com/basic in the next few days to check it out!

What do you think of our new design? Let us know in the comments section!

Comments

1. Ray Graham says:

Everything looks great. When will there be an app for Kindle Fire HD?
    Thanks,
    Ray

Hi Ray,
      Currently we do not have plans in place for a Kindle app, but in June you will be able to download and access your books through the cloud in the LifeWay Reader app. Sorry about that!
      Katie

2. i would really love to see an android app.

3. Danny Whetstone says:

Wordsearch has been my go to program. I installed the ipad update today. I have never updated a program worse than this one. I had a simple, clear program, and now I have a mess. I have invested to much money in it to simple throw it away, but I will certainly add no more books to it.

Hi Danny, so sorry about the issues with the app. We are actively working to repair the bugs that were found after it was released just yesterday. One the issues are taken care of shortly, we hope that you will be able to enjoy it even more than the previous version. Thank you so much for being patient with us as we aim to give you the best Bible study mobile experience yet.

• Danny Whetstone says:

What is with the aqua a black print? Should there not be something in “content” on each book?

Sorry, I don’t think I understand. Can you explain more explicitly? Thanks so much!

• Danny Whetstone says:

In the text of at least several books I have opened there is a paragraph of blue and then black back and forth. Some of them are an aqua color with nothing else. Perhaps there is a setting to change the look, but I haven’t found it yet. When I open a book there is a box to the right: Contents Notes Bookmarks Highlights. What “content” is it referring to? There are also long empty pages between some verses or paragraphs.

Thanks for reporting that issue, Danny. I’ll let our developers know.

4. Danny Whetstone says:

Sorry, “contents” to the left.

5. Ervin j Semien says:

My new version of posb gives me only the outline without the sermon commentary and I was told in 4 or 5 day all my books would be added not true. I redown loaded and still have the same problems. I need my books .

Hi Ervin, are you talking about on the iPad app? I will let the developers know about the problem with POSB. We are working as fast as we can to get most of the bugs fixed, and thank you so much for your patience.

6. Gordon D says:

Sadly, I am one of those old timers that uses Quickverse. Since it became part of Wordsearch it has not proven to be quite as intuitive or functional. The Ipad/IPhone app really did work and made buying the software package a better deal. As of the last update, neither the ipad or iPhone app is working. Both just close. upon contacting support, I was sent an email with a link to a website promising how good the revised app “would” perform. I am fairly well disappointed in the entire package at this point. I’m not attempting to be overly negative just my opinion.

7. Robert N says:

I just wanted to say that I really like what I see happening.

- Training: The training at WordSearch is the best there is available. I have tried a number of Bible s/w pgms and WS training is the least expensive and most friendly and most accessible. Linda is a huge asset.

- Website: The website is very clean. I like the logo and the rotating carousels and the blog and the daily and weekly deals as well as free Friday deal. I also like that I don’t receive too many emails and the ones a do receive are useful.

- Customer Service: The 800 number and accessibility is great. I especially appreciate Fernando’s patience and friendly demeanor. He is a huge asset.

- WS10: WS itself has a couple of real positives.

Rollover/Mouseover Popups for Scripture: I like being able to rollover a scripture ref and have it popup. I use this when taking notes. I record the reference and then rollover it and read it before most people have even gotten to it and sometimes before the lecturer has read it.

Notes: I appreciate that I do NOT have to open another pgm and adjust windows or switch back and forth btwn pgms to take notes. I also like that my Scripture references in my notes allow me to mouseover them and read the Scripture.

WS Windows: I really like the Notes and web lookup coming up in WS and not in another pgm. I wish the word processor of my choice could be brought up in a WS Window in a similar fashion and I could mouseover the verses and read them.

Those are my favorites so far.

Here are some suggestions. Somewhere on the website there s/b be a thread dedicated to suggestions with subthreads that include: Website Improvements, Program Improvements, Training Improvements, Books to Be Added, Glitches Encountered, etc. The suggestions most clamored for should show up and their integration and the addressing of them should be recorded even if WordSearch’s decision is to not pursue them. It is important that users know that they are being heard and listened to, which are not the same thing if you get my meaning. The input of the users/customers is the lifeblood of a product and a company. It is difficult to serve well if one doesn’t know the needs and wants of those being served. It is critical that the planners and designers listen to and solicit input from the users and those employees who are interfacing with and serving the customers. It is also critical that those giving input see that they are being listened to though the manifestation of their suggestions or at least the addressing of their suggestions.

I am certain Wordsearch is receiving input, it is less clear that it is being heeded and implemented. This doesn’t mean it isn’t, it just means it may need to be announced that it was heard and used/implemented.

From this user’s perspective with people like Linda, Fernando, and Austin WS is on the right track. I mention them because they are the WS staff I have interacted with most. Thanks WS!!!!

• Hi Robert, thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate them, and are so glad that we are able to serve you in your study. Also, thank you for some great suggestions. I will pass them along to the web team and see what they think. You are right, it is important for customers to be heard. Thanks again, and have a great weekend!