UPDATE: Android E-Reader App

androidnew

As we’ve shared with you before, we were hoping to have the Android e-reader app released by the end of June, but to make your experience even better, we are putting it through a public beta testing phase.

This means we are looking for some volunteers to do beta testing. If you would like to provide feedback and help us with the app, please email us at sales@wordsearchbible.com with your name and email address. Within in a few days, you should hear from us with all the details you will need to get started testing.

To keep you in the loop, we want to show you a special sneak peek of the Phase 1  Beta Android e-reader app here. We want you to be the first to look and play with the app. Please note some of your books and information will not be available with this release, and there will be some performance issues, but we want to get this beta e-reader app out as soon as possible so that you can give us feedback. We really appreciate you waiting patiently. Please know that we are working as hard as we can to get the app out to you as soon as we believe it is running smoothly.

When you first enter the app, you’ll see your library:

AllBooks

From this home screen, you will be able to:

• View your books by categories
  • View your books in list view
  • Download books
  • Search for books by typing in their title or author
  • Search a term within all of your books

InsidebookTOC

Once you have downloaded a book, you can:

• Create bookmarks or notes
  • Highlight a word or paragraph
  • Touch a Bible reference in any book and instantly read the verse or jump into the full Bible
  • Quickly jump to different Bible books or chapters of the book you are in

We are continuing to work on new features for your Android app, and thanks for having patience with us. Again please let us know if you want to be a volunteer for the beta testing by emailing us at sales@wordsearchbible.com.

Your friend in Christ,

David Seibert
WORDsearch
1-800-888-9898
dseibert@lifeway.com
3006 Longhorn Blvd #110
Austin, TX 78758

Comments

1. Hi David,

Field testing is a good idea. While I don’t use Android, I would heartily recommend that you do the same for you iOS app.

Tom Cucuzza

2. I’m available for beta testing for android app

Hi there Bishop Amos! I have forwarded your email to the guy in charge of beta testing, and you should hear from him in the next few days. Thanks so much for offering!

3. Pastor Daniel Quick says:

I would be honored to beta test the New App been waiting for two yrs, #soexcited!!!

4. Greetings,

I would gladly help with testing. I hope is a simple process to bring my books over. One book I purchased from the writer.

Pastor Ray

5. I’d love to test the beta!

6. Brigette says:

I would like to volunteer for beta testing for android.

7. Goliver says:

I would like to participate the beta testing too. here is my email address: ptrgoodycerillo@yahoo.com

8. Mike Fenton says:

I’m a registered user. I have been anxious to see this app developed for the android. As a pastor it would be very helpful to me. How can I get the beta version?

9. I purchased the software from Andrew Wommack Ministries that included his commentary. How can I migrate his commentary into the android reader?

10. Wilson Baird says:

Hi. Are we there yet? When do you think we will have the customer version?

Hi Wilson, we are still testing at the moment. I will make sure to let you know when I have any more information. Thank you!

11. Will the app be able to store books on an external memory card. My phone has 10 GB internal memory completely filled up, but still 29 GB free on the external card because the other applications I have won’t use it!

• Hi Kevin, are you speaking about an Android device? For Android, if it detects that the app can’t be installed in the main memory, then it automatically redirects its installation on the external memory card. Most of the phones these days especially the Nexus ones don’t have a SD card slot, but the ones that do have like Samsung Galaxy S series phones, the OS should take care of installing and redirecting content to the SD card.
      I think there shouldn’t be any problem, but in case it does, let us know. Thank you for your patience!

• Sorry, I didn’t see your question earlier as I was on vacation.
        Yes, I am talking about Android.
        My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Its internal storage appears to the OS to be an SD card and there is also an external SD card. It does not install apps on the external card, and most apps do not install their data on the external card. Allowing the user to force the storage path would overcome this sort of problem.
        I would be happy to test the beta version and let you know how it behaves.

12. kevin mackin says:

I am very excited that the android reader will be coming out and want to ask will it be available to Amazon for my Kindle Fire which is new. I Also have a seven inch Nexus seven which is smaller than my ten inch Kindle Fire. Have my laptop also but it is easier for me to read with my Kindle. BEEN with Wordsearch and started with Quickverse in the Dos days. I love your product and being handicapped it a blessing and look forward to many more years ad as user. I have right lots of products from you and have enjoyed them !!. . Y

• Hi Kevin! Yes, the Android app will work on Kindle Fire. Thanks so much for you kind words! We are so happy to serve you in your study!

13. Wilson Baird says:

It’s a shame it has been taken so long… I have Android phone for four years and no Wordsearch app.

14. Tom Wilson says:

I’m testing the beta but I’m not seeing any of my books except for HSCB. I’m sure more are available. I have a pretty big library.

• Hi Tom, did you sign-in to your WORDsearch account? Or sometimes you have to let the app sit there for a few minutes to load all of your books. I will also let our beta team know you are having issues and contact you. Thank you!

15. John Bell says:

I am using the app but the problem that I have is that when I select the NIV especially in the Psa. the file load but then reverts back to another part of the Psa.

16. John Bell says:

I recently reinstall the app but now it will not download any books. the books install but every time I try to download, I get an error message which says this book can not be read please try to download again. how do I fix this. do I have to get another link or what.

• Hi John, please contact our tech support and they will be happy to help you! 888.854.8400 Thanks!

• I finally did get a few books to download but all of the rest have the same message. I wanted to see if I could get one set of commentaries to download but did get 16 and they work good but can not study any specific. Will I will take your suggestion and call tech support. Thanks

17. A window will open listing all of the books you own. If a check mark appears in the app column, then it is available on that app, and you can download it on that platform. You can also search through your books by categories if you do not want to look at your entire library. this is not a functional part of the android app reader yet is it? is this still in development?

18. Is the Android App still available for Beta Test? I sent an email last week but haven’t heard back… I’m a long time WordSearch user (a few thousand invested at this point), and I’ve never liked LOGOS or BibleTree (ironically living in the same town as them) and I thought I’d be getting into iOS but couldn’t afford it… went for the Kindle instead. I’m really looking forward to testing this app out, it would be amazing for Bible study and more.

19. I join the many customers to ask for the release of this app. If there is anything I can do to expedite its release, please let me know. I am available to offer beta testing.

20. Michael Westfall says:

I use the PC based version of WordSearch almost every day. I would certainly like to participate in testing a version on my Tohiba 10.1 tablet. Thanks!

21. Hello!
    Thanks for the Word Search Bible app for android! the only problem I encountered is the Hebrew and Greek audio pronunciation, I tried to click the play button but there was no sound coming out in my Tab. Is there a way to fix this thing? Thanks and God bless!

• Hi Levy, pronunciation is not a feature we have available on the Android at this time. Thanks so much for your patience!

22. Ezroy Bernard says:

I would love to be apart of this thank you for your hard work

• Hi Ezroy, beta testing for the Android app is over, but you can download the released app from the Google play store for your device. Thank you for offering!