Great news for iPhone and iPad users! The WORDsearch iOS app has been improved in ways you’ll find more useful than ever.
If you have updated your app from the Apple store, you’ll notice that it has a new look, including a re-designed home screen with better views of your personal library. You can learn more about each book, organize your books into different collections, and have your app open to the last book you were reading. It also includes improved cross-reference tools and searching within text, so that each search is saved after you look at the results.
We are excited to let you know about the latest round of improvements available for WORDsearch’s new iPad app (the one with the blue logo). A new update is now available in the App Store, so all you have to do is look in your App Store – Updates and when you see the WORDsearch icon, touch update.
- A smoother log-in experience. Instead of asking for both LifeWay and WORDsearch IDs, all you will need is your WORDsearch email address and password associated with your online account to sign-in.
- A multi-step tutorial the first time you start the app. The tutorial will explain how to use some of the features, and can be accessed at anytime on the menu screen if you need to review it again.
- Improved book loading speed. All your available books should now sync into your app within just a minute or two.
- Much greater overall performance. Many of the lags and/or freezes in the app have been fixed so it can operate much faster when scrolling, switching categories, opening books, etc.
- New “Stop Download” feature. If you accidentally click on a book you didn’t intend to download, you can click the book again, and it will bring up a pop-up window to ask if you want to cancel the download.
- More books. Many more book titles are now available. 4,500 titles are now in the app, with a small amount still being worked on to be included.
- Easier reading. The pop-up window text size is now the same as the default text size.
Even better news? We aren’t stopping here—you can expect even more updates and improvements soon. Thank you for continued loyalty and support as we continue to work on the app. Watch for further release updates in the future.
Everything looks a little different on the new iPad and iPhone WORDsearch App, so here are some basic tips about the home screen and what you can do.
If your WORDsearch app has not been updated yet, you will see a notification (indicated by a red 1) in the corner of your App Store icon on your home screen.
WORDsearch Bible Classic – In the App Store Now
While we continue fixing the bugs in the new app, you can now reinstall your original version of the app. We were required to give it a new name, so just go to the Apple App Store and search for WORDsearch Bible Classic. If you are on your iPad now, you can find it by clicking here.
Just sign in with your email address and password to install. If you’ve already installed the new app, it’s not necessary to delete it from your iPad. This way, you’ll automatically be notified each time a corrected and updated version of the new app is available. You can have both apps on your iPad at the same time. It’s your choice. You can run the old app, the new app or both.
All your original notes, highlights and bookmarks will come back to you with the old app (but not notes you’ve put into the new app). We will continue releasing additional updates to the new app, including a future update that installs all your notes, highlights and bookmarks from the old app.
Thank you again for your patience as we continue working to make your new app an excellent tool for your Bible study.
Your friend in Christ,