Catalina Update

We are aware that this fall Apple is releasing a new operating system, called Catalina, that will require all programs to be 64-bit. Currently, our Wordsearch program is only 32-bit. At this point, our efforts are ongoing, and we are trying to have a 64-bit version ready when Catalina goes live.

However, we recommend delaying your update to Catalina until we have a 64-bit Wordsearch program ready. Please make sure your Mac is not set to auto-update. Click here to view instructions on how to turn off the auto-update feature. As of this point, if your Mac updates to Catalina, the Wordsearch Starter, 10, 11, and 12 computer programs will not be accessible.

We understand this is an inconvenience, but please know we are taking it very seriously to have a solution available as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your patience.

Comments

1. Stephen Cloud says

So, where are we on this update?

2. Hi All,

Is it possible that catalina (Macs) will not be supported?

3. Wanda M Patterson says

I just paid a pretty penny for a Dake thumb drive with much needed info as I am a writer. I have been waiting and had no idea we would be ready to go into March and still no resolution.

• kcornett says

Hi Wanda, I’m so sorry for the long wait. Thank you for being patient with us as we work to resolve this.

4. Steven Narron says

Any info would be appreciated, not vague responses. Are we looking 1,3,6,12 months??

5. SYLVAN KNOBLOCH says

I am greatly disappointed Lifeway’s WORDsearch leaders are not committed to develop software for Catalina by Mac. Lifeway has been aware of the need to update since Sept 2019 and most likely before that date. There only solutions is wait, don’t up date. Really, is the best they can do?
    Maybe you can decide to postpone an update but it is sometimes impossible to delay a purchase of a new Mac computer.
    Lifeway, needs to do one of two things:
    A) Exit the Bible software business completely
    B) Partner with another software program that has the intellectual capacity, commitment and passion to serve the needs of today’s ministers.
    It is obviously WORDsesrch does not have bandwidth to serve ministers.

• Hi Sylvan, I’m sorry to hear that. We are working as hard and fast as we can, and doing our best. I understand how you feel, and am sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment.

6. Doug Peirce says

Are we anywhere close to having an update?

7. Mark Pearce says

I have to agree with some of the sentiments here. This is not the first time there have been issues with WordSearch when Apple has upgraded its OS software. It has happened before. Further, I was originally told to expect an updated software release in December 2019. it is now nearly the end of March 2020. Further, a web browser based solution is no solution. I prefer using the software itself – not on a web browswer as that is too cumbersome. This is an excellent way to lose customers. Sad.